Wednesday, April 13, 2011

These darn makeover shows!

I have seen many of these so called makeover shows....I won't name any names....and they seem to all have the same goal....CREATE CLONES. To be fair there are some guests on the show that do not have a bit of fashion sense to speak of, these are the women who feel unattractive and feel unworthy of looking their best and wonderful things are done for them with these makeovers. They help them to see themselves in a different light and see that no matter their size, figure, skin, hair and all other things their mama gave them that they can feel beautiful. I mean reminding a new mommy that she is still a woman or showing a middle age wman that even though she is aging she doesn't have to give up is a wonderful thing. They realize that they don't have to hide or give up and their self esteem is boosted by this. However these are not the women I am refering to, I am speaking about the women who have a weird, quirky, not the norm style. The women that do put thought into their style, the women that wear what they like and they feel great doing it. They take these women and turn them into clones of the host usually, and when the makeover is done you feel as though these women have lost something. Lost their spark, lost their individuality, lost well.. lost themselves. It makes me sad and mad all at the same time! Why must we conform. If a woman feels good in a cute furry jacket with kitten ears on the hood striped stockings and a skirt then why should she have to change? I mean as long as it's not so vulgar that it is illegal, and as long as it fits and makes you feel good then have at it I say. If I had "friends" that nominated me for something like that, then I would feel it was time to change my "friends" and not my style.

Don't wear this because you might just get arrested.

Photobucket
or this
Photobucket

but why not wear this
Photobucket
or this

Photobucket

or even this
Photobucket
That's me ^
So what do you all think?

No comments:

Post a Comment